- Extensive studies show that parents/guardians are the single most important determining factor for a child’s educational success. We are here to support the family and build a stronger community.
- The most important factor institutionally for a student’s success is the teacher. Therefore, we aim to:
- follow the Spirit as we teach students.
- have the best qualified, professional teacher in every classroom.
- direct as much financial and other resources as possible to the classroom and supportive, educational activities.
- support each individual teacher with appropriate professional development opportunities throughout the year.
- give each teacher annual goals and objectives along with reasonable and timely evaluative feedback.
- Learning will be spiral in nature as students continue to build on prior knowledge and skills.
- Success in education is like a three-legged stool in that the student, the parents/guardians, and the teacher are all working together in a harmonic effort.
- Learning is a journey and the teachers will always plan with the destination in mind while making regular assessments (formative) along the path that culminate in assessing whether or not the students mastered the learning objective(s) (summative).
- Instruction will engage the students’ senses.
- Instruction will be given in multiple modalities (visual, auditory, kinesthetic, and tactile) to address diverse learning styles.
At Far West Academy, our preschool program sets the foundation for educational and social success. It is designed to teach the whole child through a blend of hands on learning, teacher guided activities, spiritual guidance, and active play. Our teachers are certified professionals who strive to help and guide students as they grow in to independent learners.
We currently use the Abeka preschool curriculum which teaches traditional preschool curriculum along with Christian values. It allows the students to learn through a mix of music, reading, math, art, drama, social studies, science, and physical activities that aims toward improving small and large motor skills. In addition, the students take a Music and Spanish class to expand their learning environment from just the classroom.
Here at Far West Academy, we strive to guide each student individually through their own personal needs and goals. With parent support, we know we can help students grow through these beginning stages.
Please set an appointment and take a tour of our campus to see what our school has to offer.
We having loving and caring teachers in our lower school, small class sizes, and opportunities every day to grow mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Because of our small class sizes, our teachers get to know the strengths and weaknesses of their students and can individualize the instruction. In addition to reading, writing, and arithmetic, our students study music, art, Spanish, and physical education.
We welcome parent help and work diligently to communicate with our parents in order to form a team focused on helping the individual student.
We use the Abeka curriculum. Click on the link to learn more.
Simply put, blended learning is a combination of the best of a traditional brick and mortar school with the best of on-line instruction. It is not simply the use of technology in the classroom. It essentially has three parts:
- “Blended learning is any formal education program in which a student learns at least in part through online learning, with some element of the student control over time, place, path, and or pace.
- The student learns in a supervised brick-and-mortar location away from home. In other words, the student attends a physical school with real flesh and blood teachers.
- The modalities (modes or manners) along each student’s learning path within a course or subject are connected to provide an integrated learning experience. This means that if students are learning U.S. history in a blended way, the online and face-to-face components work together to deliver an integrated (coordinated or harmonious) course.
Our secondary levels are compartmentalized giving our students the opportunities to study a variety of subjects, both academic and elective. The study of music, Spanish, and physical education, continue at the secondary level. This is a time for growth in all areas as students begin to grow into the adults they will be some day.
Even though it is natural and right for student of this age to begin to exercise independence, we still welcome parent involvement and communication.
This calculator is intended to give you an estimate of what your tuition will be for the 2019-2020 school year. Tuition for 2019-2020 school year is $8,500. To see what scholarships you qualify for please enter your information here. Must apply for scholarships before May 30th, 2019. Contact school for details.
Pick up and Drop off
- Drive down N Torrey Pines from Lone Mtn.
- Stop and wait at the middle building.
- Loading zone traffic (yellow arrow) will be directed by staff.
- Exit to N Rancho Dr – right turn only.
4660 N Rancho Dr, Las Vegas, NV 89130
M-F: 8am – 3pm
PHONE & EMAIL